Date(s) - 10 May 2020
9:45 am - 3:30 pm
Sunday, 10th May 2020, 9.45 am – 3.30 pm
Buddha’s Birthday with Ajahn Brahm & Ven Canda
**** THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED ****
Vesak Day is the most important Buddhist celebration of the year. Traditionally held on the full-moon of May, it marks the birth, Enlightenment and Parinibbana of the Buddha, and provides occasion to renew our commitment to living a life of harmlessness and deepen our meditation practice in the company of good friends and a hearty feast!
This year we decided that even if we cannot be together in person, we would like to gather via Zoom to enjoy the festivities online with Dhamma talks, meditation, discussion, sharing of blessings.
You will also the exceptional opportunity to take the Refuges and the (5 or 8) Precepts with Ajahn Brahm! In other words, if you are not a Buddhist yet, you can officially take this opportunity to become one!
09:45 Settling in (please ensure you are on time)
10:00 Meditation & Dhamma Talk – Ajahn Brahm
11:00 Q & A – Ven Canda
11:30 Lunch Blessing
13:00 Dhamma Talk & Meditation – Ven Canda
NEW!14:00 Optional Refuges & Precepts – Ajahn Brahm!
14.30 Tea Party & Dhamma Discussion – Ven Canda
15:15- 15.30 Closing Metta Meditation – Ven Canda
Please Read Carefully:
*Please note this event requires full attendance and is by registration only. We will record the talks, so if you cannot commit to the full event, you can listen to recordings afterwards, instead. Places are limited, so if, after registering, you are no longer able to attend, we kindly ask that you cancel your registration so we can offer your place to someone on the waiting list.
*We greatly appreciate you making a £10 donation for this event in the spirit of generosity, to enable us to continue our work of sharing the priceless Dhamma.
1. Complete the Registration form here REGISTER HERE. ** SORRY THIS EVENT IS FULL ** No more registration. **
2. After we manually approve your booking, you will receive a confirmation email. This may take a few days, so please bear with us.
3. Keep your confirmation email safe!
4. Out of anukampa (compassion) for our bookings team, please only contact us in case of an urgent enquiry, thank you 🙂
5. On the day, you will need to sign in to your Zoom account and then access the meeting using the link and password in your confirmation email. Easy!